This Friday, May 9th, is Provider Appreciation Day. If your program is like ours (and many others), you have the greatest appreciation for your staff, but just not a lot of money to use to show it. One quick and inexpensive, but thoughtful way of expressing your thanks is to assemble a "Thank You" kit. Just choose 5 or 6 of these items to include (along with a note with the text so that they know what you are thinking):
- A Couple of Marbles: To replace the ones you have lost.
- A Hershey's Hug & Kiss: To remind you that someone cares.
- A Jingle Bell: To ring for help when you need it. We're here to help one another.
- A Puzzle Piece: To remind you that, without you, we wouldn't be complete.
- A Tea Bag: To remind you to take time to relax daily.
- A Starburst: To let you know that you are a shining star.
- A Shape: To thank you for helping to "shape" the future.
- A Packet of Seeds: To remind you that you plant the seeds of knowledge.
- A Clothespin: To remind you to "Hang in There"; you're doing a great job.
- An Eraser: To remind you that the good start you provide for children can never be erased.
- A Penny: To remind you that you are priceless.
You can put these items in a gift bag, a simple ziploc bag, or even in a mug with an addition to the note to include: A Cup: My hope that your "cup always runneth over".
Thank you for all that you do for children.